New evo 2 software

Jul 2014
Los Angeles
I rode it with the new software yesterday around the town. I felt that the bike has less engine braking between 14000- 6000 rpm, even if I change the EBC settings it makes minor adjustments. Once you get below 6000 rpm it decelarates faster. This creates less forces to rider between on/off throttle. Let's say at 12000 rpm you shut the throttle off, the bike doesn't pitch you hard to the front. I also felt that the power came softer under hard acceleration but to confirm I have to be at the race track.
The DQS 2 Evo is very noticeable. It shifts much quicker and smoother. Both upshifts and downshifts are better.
Anddd no I didn't try to check on the "---" :)

Mar 2018
Sydney, Australia
What are people’s thoughts on the evo 2 software without slicks. They say it is specifically for slicks at the track. I do as much track as I do road and just use the original SP V3.
Surely the traction control doesn’t know what tyre is on the bike or the grip level of the road and just acts on the inputs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aug 2018
michigan
no i'm sure it doesn't know the tire but that's not how these systems work as i understand it. the system looks for tire slip based on the wheel speed sensor. The place where this may come into play is the comments that i saw about "predictive algorithms". Not sure they will tell us this though. Would be interesting to know if this is more about slicks than supercorse's on the track. I track my bike too but don't have a set of dedicated wheels yet.

Mar 2018
Sydney, Australia
no i'm sure it doesn't know the tire but that's not how these systems work as i understand it. the system looks for tire slip based on the wheel speed sensor. The place where this may come into play is the comments that i saw about "predictive algorithms". Not sure they will tell us this though. Would be interesting to know if this is more about slicks than supercorse's on the track. I track my bike too but don't have a set of dedicated wheels yet.
I have also heard everything you said and I could be completely wrong here but the grip between the tyre and road could end up being identical on a slick and low grip track surface to a suoercorsa and high grip track surface?

Also I believe the new software is on the 2020 bikes that don’t come stock with slicks so that tells me if it is the same software then all should be fine.

Jul 2019
I do think the EVO2 has helped shifting in the lower gears to be a lot smoother. It really felt like a jolt in 1-2-3 gears almost like a DCT in it's sharpest shift settings, but with the EVO2 software, I just more at least on the bike. Still stiff compared to the 2020s, but it's nice to actually feel the difference. Considering it was $750 and another $75 for the dealership time to install it, I'm glad it's not entirely passive and you can actually notice a difference on the bike. Cheers.

Mar 2018
Sydney, Australia
Finally I can give some feedbacks on the EVO 2.
First thing first,the v4R is a different beast than the V4,so some differences apply.
I made direct comparison on my DDA and the R.
I had a 2 minutes dead lap,but I didn't push as hard as this on my friend's R.
So comparison was on 2:05 laps.
Mugello circuit is a 3rd gear racetrack,so not involving very slow corners that would have stressed more the TC or Sliding Controls.
Surely S.Donato,Correntaio and Bucine,have something to show.
I am sure that the TC has an easier job to do with the wider and lower torque delivery.
TC is smoother and happened to work only in few occasions.
It is better,surely.
The quick shifter is faster and seems more racing oriented,but nothing I would die about.
All in all,I will install it into my base V4,only for one reason
and it is a BIG ONE.
The tires are wearing way less than on EVO 1.
This was confirmed also by another guy that was riding there,and not only by the R,that could have made some difference.

So go for it.....IMHO
What tyres are you running?