Possible 1299S Owner?

Dec 2019
USA: Philly Pa & Venice FL

Put some extra heat shielding on that bad ass machine and you’ll be in great shape.

Don’t go to the beach if the sand is going to bother you

Reactions: 1299rFE
Aug 2019
Oklahoma
Thanks for reply's! I am actually selling another bike at the moment to get room in my garage for the 1299.

Sounds like there are some deals to be had. See a lot of them on eBay for $17K+ so nice to see some of you have gotten them for cheaper.

Jul 2015
Oslo, Norway
The heat stuff is no big problem. I installed the shifttech carbon heat shields on my 1299s when I first bought it in 2015, and have never after that had any issues with heat

Reactions: DucatiKev
Aug 2019
Oklahoma
Is it normal for the bikes with the Ti Akra System to be blue all the way down the pipes? I have seen headers turn blue but seems a lot of the Ti Akra the whole system turns is this a sign its been ran hard or just how these bikes are?

Aug 2019
Oklahoma
Thanks! Would you guys buy from only a dealer? Or is PP ok with an inspection by a dealer?

Some of you guys have found some deals seems around $18K is going rate with lower miles? How much extra would you pay if it has the Ti Akra system?

Oct 2019
Fremont, CA
The bike is not delivered yet and I already have T-Rex protection package, ebay radiator guard, throttle spacers and Heat shield kit.

Apr 2017
Detroit
Thanks! Would you guys buy from only a dealer? Or is PP ok with an inspection by a dealer?

Some of you guys have found some deals seems around $18K is going rate with lower miles? How much extra would you pay if it has the Ti Akra system?
I would not pay a dime more for the akra, which is precisely why I don’t mod my bikes. Buyem, ridem, sell it.

It’s up to you but the seller can always take off the accessory and sell on the side.

Dec 2019
USA: Philly Pa & Venice FL
Yeah let the guys that have all the $$$ go out and load up the new model every couple years, then we can come along and scoop one up at a price we can afford.
I think the Akra sounds more full, deeper kinda like a hot rod but at the same time kinda like a Cub Cadet or Hustler Super Z

being that Akra costs so much brand new, it’s highly sought after to find a used Ducati with it installed but in reality I didn’t expect to pay any more than a bone stock one.

I bought my 2015 1299S in August 2019 for $16K out the door. 1,800 miles and Akra slip on installed (which I think was around $4,300 when original owner had them do it.

on every upshift it pops real loud, because there are no cats and it’s a nice loud exhaust. so to me, it’s a real enhancement worth the $$$ useless u can find a used bike with one on it.

my bike was manufactured 5 years ago and I’ve had all the fluids replaced as well as accessories installed. Today it received a DucaBike clutch slave cylinder as the old one was beat. Clutch action is so smooth now I love it. Slightly longer friction zone too

lastly, I was quoted $560 for the 7,500 mile service and $2032 for 15K (Desmo valve service)

7CCDA6AE-4E3D-493D-B07E-9319684BC02D.jpeg