Question for all you sl owners

Jan 2018
Southern California
Haha. Wouldn't that be something.
Unfortunately, it is, of course, as Sherpa mentions, the taxes that get ya.

Thankfully I don't live there anymore. I recently spent 2 years working in New York, currently working out of Lima, Peru, but will be relocating to Los Angeles over the course of 2018.

I will be looking to pick up a 1299 SA once I get settled.

I believe Denmark have been lowering the taxes on vehicles slightly the past few years, but when I lived there it was 25% sales tax (only paid when purchased new - then essentially becomes a part of the cars value) and then comes 180% in "registration tax". So any vehicle you purchase you essentially have to pay for the vehicle itself - and then pay for it two more times to legally drive it on the road.
If you will be new to the LA area, hit me up if you need any help getting familiar with the local motorbike scene. I have a pretty good relationship with several of the local motorcycle dealers too.

I didn't realize that the taxes were so high there. I often stupidly forget how lucky we are here in the US when it comes to motor vehicles.

Jun 2017
Lima, PE
Is the air really clean there
I also here there is a LOT of bicycling there

#TwoWheelsFOREVER
I don't know if I would say noticeably better than any regular city in the US, but I'm sure if you were to measure pollution levels they would be lower.
Yeah it's very common to ride bicycles. Tons of them especially in the largest cities.

Actually - out of curiosity I just checked the first website I could find with live air quality scores. In Copenhagen, Denmark it is currently 39 which is considered good (best bracket) and NYC 57 which is considered moderate (second best bracket). Other current scores for comparison: Shanghai 173, Delhi 383.

My curiosity is taking us off topic, I hope it at least gave you a useful response to your question :D

Jun 2017
Lima, PE
If you will be new to the LA area, hit me up if you need any help getting familiar with the local motorbike scene. I have a pretty good relationship with several of the local motorcycle dealers too.

I didn't realize that the taxes were so high there. I often stupidly forget how lucky we are here in the US when it comes to motor vehicles.
I've only ever been to LA on vacation, so you can bet I will hit you up upon arrival. Thanks! I really appreciate that.

Jul 2015
Virginia
I don't know if I would say noticeably better than any regular city in the US, but I'm sure if you were to measure pollution levels they would be lower.
Yeah it's very common to ride bicycles. Tons of them especially in the largest cities.

Actually - out of curiosity I just checked the first website I could find with live air quality scores. In Copenhagen, Denmark it is currently 39 which is considered good (best bracket) and NYC 57 which is considered moderate (second best bracket). Other current scores for comparison: Shanghai 173, Delhi 383.

My curiosity is taking us off topic, I hope it at least gave you a useful response to your question :D
Wow #noted :: thanks for the quick search

#TwoWheelsFOREVER

Apr 2012
Juneau, AK
The thing for me... I have a 2015 1299 S...and I'm seriously considering getting an 1199 SL. It is a dream machine. Do you dream about the current machines you have (or did you dream, at least)? Or were they well planned, and timing was right?

I have my soul, heart, mind, and money set on getting an 1199 SL.

I'm okay with being stupid
I'm okay with financing some unnecessary amount
I'm okay with realizing I [MIGHT] have made a mistake later

I'm NoT okay with...wondering, questioning, the what if...

At one point I didn't have Maggie (1299 S) in my life, and if you asked me before I had her, would I have her, I might not have said "yes"...but now she's mine. ...so I tell myself "I can get that SL, too"...and I would be very content for years to come. The V4 does not spark me...so I would definitely take superb care of an 1199 SL. The Orange Blood just keeps filling my eyes, mind, and blood with WANT.

It is a must in my lifetime to own one.

It is my machine of all machines for me to own.

...so I say to you...sell those two machines, and get the SL...if you ever get sick of it, or find more important [life worthy] reasons to have to part with the SL, then do so...but own one, boss. Respect...and dream Real #BuyTheBike

#TwoWheelsFOREVER
Well said! I did decide to keep my h2 but also get the 1199 sl. I'll get the v4 down the line....maybe when they have a v4 that is just as exotic as the sl

Reactions: 1 person
Jul 2015
Virginia
Well said! I did decide to keep my h2 but also get the 1199 sl. I'll get the v4 down the line....maybe when they have a v4 that is just as exotic as the sl
Yeah...I think I would get the V4 SL model based on the next couple of years Ducati still not attracting my interest for the V4. Right now, I don't have any desire to get one. I'm too in loVe with the V2 world

#TwoWheelsFOREVER