Seat upgrade options?

Jan 2019
Tallinn
Been trying to buy a Ducati comfort seat for street riding but my local dealer is having a hard time supplying it as it's not available for dispatch from the factory at the moment. Can anyone suggest alternatives?

Also interested in offers if anyone wants to sell me a comfort seat.

Sep 2018
Atlanta, GA
Check out luimoto

They recovered my stock seat and added a gel pad insert

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 person
Feb 2016
Long Island
Get the Luismoto gel insert and a optional new seat cover and you will never use anything else again. I had a corbin on my 1299, S1000RR and S1000R and got rid of them. I had the Ducati comfort seat and got rid of it. I tried the Luismoto gel insert and nicer seat cover on the 1299 and never looked back. Got rid of the corbins on both BMW's and installed the gel insert in the BMWs with nicer optional covers. https://www.luimoto.com/?c=5

Aug 2018
Holland, MI
I'm getting my stock seat done by Luimoto in the next week, once I have it back I have a comfort seat I'll be selling. It has the ducati spacers heat shielding on the bottom. It's in pretty good shape, I got it used from a forum member on here for $190 and used it for less than a month before deciding I don't like the extra height. I'd be will to let it go shipped for $190. Not sure what just the seat heat shielding is worth, but the whole shielding kit is $90.00, and I think that's a fair trade for the month of use. Message me if you're interested.

Jan 2019
Tallinn
Yeah I was too late to the party.

I'm getting my stock seat done by Luimoto in the next week, once I have it back I have a comfort seat I'll be selling. It has the ducati spacers heat shielding on the bottom. It's in pretty good shape, I got it used from a forum member on here for $190 and used it for less than a month before deciding I don't like the extra height. I'd be will to let it go shipped for $190. Not sure what just the seat heat shielding is worth, but the whole shielding kit is $90.00, and I think that's a fair trade for the month of use. Message me if you're interested.
I have the heat shielding kit lying and waiting for install on the seat I will be using most frequently. Was thinking to install it on the comfort seat :) Would you care to weigh in on the seat angle? Stock seat is angled downwards and I slide forward all the time when I need to put my ass back on the seat. I'm 6'3" so it happens quite often.

Nov 2018
NZ
I've got the Komfort seat and initially it seemed to slide me forward but now its taking a more permanent shape moulding to my butt. It improves with age, unlike me :) Its definitely better with leathers than Jeans.

There's a lot of talk about the heat issue but its never been a problem for me that would require heat shielding. Our NZ climate is temperate but it still cooks in summer.

Last edited:
Jan 2019
Tallinn
Thanks for the recommendations guys. Cancelled my comfort seat order and went with the race seat instead. If I don't like the height, will trim it and install a gel pad in that instead of the stock seat. As I'm 6'3" I really can't deal with the shape of the stock seat and need the flat space to keep weight on the pegs. On that note also changing my rearsets for CNC Racing ones. With grippy pegs, seat and techspec knee pads, I should be set haha.

Sep 2018
Atlanta, GA
Thanks for the recommendations guys. Cancelled my comfort seat order and went with the race seat instead. If I don't like the height, will trim it and install a gel pad in that instead of the stock seat. As I'm 6'3" I really can't deal with the shape of the stock seat and need the flat space to keep weight on the pegs. On that note also changing my rearsets for CNC Racing ones. With grippy pegs, seat and techspec knee pads, I should be set haha.

What's main advantage of the rear sets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jan 2019
Tallinn
What's main advantage of the rear sets
Higher foot position = better lean angle. Grippier pegs = better control.

I prefer to sit higher and be "attached" to the bike where I touch it so I can manipulate my weight in space around the bike, whether on track or street. Rearsets give a massive advantage in dialing in the right foot position for that and come with the added benefit of easy GP shift and adjustable lever lengths etc.