Seat upgrade options?

Jul 2015
Oslo, Norway
Anyone know of someone who makes custom seats? Or if Luimoto do custom orders? Would love to have this seat with the Ducati Performance logo on the side there, just like on the comfort seat

Mar 2019
Australia
I have the comfort seat but like the lower profile of the standard seat so I got my local auto trim shop to cut out the original foam and replace the majority of the 'sit' area with Ultragel & then re-cover the seat with a new handmade suede cover from Italy. Looks perfect and retains the comfort of the higher profile 'comfort' seat but retaining the lower height of the standard one. Win win.

Attachments

Reactions: KvalheimRacing
Jul 2015
Oslo, Norway
I have the comfort seat but like the lower profile of the standard seat so I got my local auto trim shop to cut out the original foam and replace the majority of the 'sit' area with Ultragel & then re-cover the seat with a new handmade suede cover from Italy. Looks perfect and retains the comfort of the higher profile 'comfort' seat but retaining the lower height of the standard one. Win win.
Ahh, well that looks great! I'm not familiar with ultragel, is it better than the material used in the DP comfort seat? The height is fine for me, so I am thinking of just covering the DP comfort seat.

Mar 2019
Australia
The Ultragel IMHO is better than the foam in the DP seat. It’s the same stuff they use in hospital operating theatres for minimizing pressure sores when positioning people for long operations. It’s more of a semi-solid gel than a foam. It’s often used in ‘cooling’ pads for pet beds, pillows etc.

Jul 2015
Oslo, Norway
The Ultragel IMHO is better than the foam in the DP seat. It’s the same stuff they use in hospital operating theatres for minimizing pressure sores when positioning people for long operations. It’s more of a semi-solid gel than a foam. It’s often used in ‘cooling’ pads for pet beds, pillows etc.
Ohh nice! Do you know how it's preferable to install it? I am thinking; would the best option be to replace the entire foam of the DP comfort seat with Ultragel, or maybe just the top layer?

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

Sep 2018
Atlanta, GA
Did they say abything about price?

I have a custom luimoto seat. Pricing is per your design given the stitching and
embroidery etc. and if you add gel
They are very responsive via email.

Beware it’s not a quick turnaround. They will make your seat cover then tell you to send the seat in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jul 2015
Oslo, Norway
I have a custom luimoto seat. Pricing is per your design given the stitching and
embroidery etc. and if you add gel
They are very responsive via email.

Beware it’s not a quick turnaround. They will make your seat cover then tell you to send the seat in.

Yeah, I am in no hurry, just curious what the options are. Don't like diamond stitching so I imagine my preferences would be a bit cheaper than what you guys got. So if you had shared the price you payed I could have an approximate upper boundary for the cost.

Sep 2018
Atlanta, GA
Yeah, I am in no hurry, just curious what the options are. Don't like diamond stitching so I imagine my preferences would be a bit cheaper than what you guys got. So if you had shared the price you payed I could have an approximate upper boundary for the cost.

I negotiated them down to $360 plus shipping which included custom design and embroidery and gel and install. Seems high now that I look back on it.

See pic for my design. Not flashy