Shock length adjustment

Jan 2012
East TN
Thanks a lot in regards to the front ride height change suggestions. I would like to try that, but am unsure as to how to access the lower clamp allens. Do I need to remove the upper fairing, or do you have a trick to get to them? Did you remove that lower horizontal plastic piece (would require the horn come off to get that one black small allen blocked by it) that is on the underside of the upper fairing and wraps around the fork tubes? As stated previously, I really appreciate the input and help.
I was able to get to mine without removing anything. Fiddly and a PitA, but that's normal wrenching on the Pani. ;) Was alarmed at how little torque mine had from the factory, to be honest.

Reactions: 1 person
Aug 2012
georgia
I was able to get to mine without removing anything. Fiddly and a PitA, but that's normal wrenching on the Pani. ;) Was alarmed at how little torque mine had from the factory, to be honest.
Agreed, don't need to take the fairing off. Its a tight fit if you have big hands but the torque settings are low so its not too hard.

Be sure to follow the tightening sequence on the lowers when you clamp it back down.

Jun 2012
Wilton
SteveB and veck, did you just use an allen wrench, and thus didn't torque the fasteners when tightening them? Obviously, the upper triple tree fasteners are no problem to torque, but the lowers are pretty darn tight in there. Veck, what is the sequence for the three lower allens? Thanks once again for the input.

Jan 2012
East TN
SteveB and veck, did you just use an allen wrench, and thus didn't torque the fasteners when tightening them? Obviously, the upper triple tree fasteners are no problem to torque, but the lowers are pretty darn tight in there. Veck, what is the sequence for the three lower allens? Thanks once again for the input.
Yes, for my part. The bolts on mine were super easy to loosen at factory tightness, even with a small allen wrench. Went back tighter, but not a ton, and did them by feel. Tightened bottom/top/middle and back over to even them up by feel. Maybe not ideal, but I always used to be able to torque bolts to spec by hand when I was turning wrenches for a living - won quite a few beers that way... ;)

jarelj

Site Sponsor
Jul 2012
Omaha, NE USA
Snap-On Tools "Stubby" allen set is what I use at the track, otherwise remove the fairings to make it easier.

Aug 2012
georgia
I used a small stubby wrench which I was able to get it in and get the torque set correctly. At the track I use a stubby allen wrench.

If I remember the manual the sequence was 1 2 3 starting from the bottom.

Last edited:
Jun 2012
Wilton
Dropped the front 5mm (total of 9mm now exposed above the triple clamp), and have left the rear as is which was previously set at 10mm higher than stock. Will give it a run tomorrow to see how it feels. What amount of drop in the front have you (with Ohlins equipped Panigales) tried and what were your results (jarelj, SteveB, veck, outhouse, et al)? Did you do anything with the rear ride height? Thanks to all for your participation in this thread, and for all your assistance.

Oct 2013
Auburn ca
Bone stock, once I set sag and tire pressure.

It does everything I ask of it so I have not found a need to do anything to the geometry yet.