titanium parts - what else do you want?

Phl

Forum Staff
Feb 2012
here
I will draw up that clutch rod and run some FEA ...

That rear hub would be a massive thing to tackle, not sure it that's up
My alley...

Sep 2014
Indiana
I forget if these things have been mentioned- or if they're listed somewhere else from other sellers. What about the spacers on the brake calipers? They would
Look good with caliper bolts. And also the 3 bolts on the rear shock linkage leading to the shock

Sep 2014
Indiana
Also what about the two screws on each side of the valve cover heat shields? I wonder if making these titanium would help with the heat the screws put off?

Sep 2012
Switzerland
Phl. For sure. Your stuff is excellent and there are a lot of things that can be made probably better than bought. It's hard to justify costs on very similar items such as general fasteners etc unless the fastener is substantial from a strategic perspective. I think the clutch rods would be good as they are easy to make. Not sure if your have the machine capabilities to cut gears but that starter ring gear would reduce a lot of weight. The rear hub takes a nice piece of machinery but if you want to tackle it, I can supply you with the billet Ti material. I also need a steering tube for the CNC triple. It ships with an un-plated steel piece that rusts easily.
Which gear do you mean? #25?

Attachments

Mar 2013
USA
This thread is going to cost me a lot of money. With guys like Phl, endodoc, and Gecko involved there's going to be some unique and awesome pieces machined. I can't wait to see what is made next.

Jul 2015
Oslo, Norway
I will draw up that clutch rod and run some FEA ...

That rear hub would be a massive thing to tackle, not sure it that's up
My alley...
Interested in hearing how this went. What was the final list of titanium upgrades you did?

Phl

Forum Staff
Feb 2012
here
None as of now. Aside from the oil drain plug so far. Didn’t seem too much of an interest here

Jul 2015
Oslo, Norway
Oh, sad to hear. Well if one list up all the bolts of the unsprung weight, weight them and compare it to the weight of titanium ones, it could be interesting.