Track question, lap time related.

Sep 2019
Brazil - São Paulo
The mindset I like to have for me is: "if I don't know I don't need". Proven to make me happier and less poor this way.

So usually parts are just to minimize losses on an eventual slide.

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

Jan 2015
Australia
The problem with asking questions is TO WHO you are asking these.

I heard many " peculiar " suggestion in 20 years.
So I suggest a track course with a good instructor

Anyway I would say that also a good book like TWIST OF THE WRIST is a pretty good start
Guess i was lucky with my fellow racers there wasnt a lot of misinformation or weird n wacky answers to my questions. But I flogged 3x rear slicks before I got chating about my tire wear to another racer who give pointed out some different pressures and temps for warmers. A simple question provided more solution than I had trying to read and research.

Aug 2019
UNIVERSE
Guess i was lucky with my fellow racers there wasnt a lot of misinformation or weird n wacky answers to my questions. But I flogged 3x rear slicks before I got chating about my tire wear to another racer who give pointed out some different pressures and temps for warmers. A simple question provided more solution than I had trying to read and research.
glad to hear that

Jul 2014
Los Angeles
Thank you for a lot of great responses. I asked the same question at the Facebook V4 Panigale owners group, and got some good responses as well.
I'm participating in a "improvement based" track academy. It's a pretty intense training and my riding coach is Eric Bostrom. There are 16 riders in total, 4 in each team. The other coaches are Jeremy Toye, Chris Ulrich and Jake Zemke. The first round I dropped 3 seconds off my lap times the first day, and another 1 second on used-flipped tires the next day to a total of 4. My goal is to drop another 2-3 seconds for the next round, which is the final round. I'm studying lots of video, mine and other riders' laps and I have 2 corners where I feel that I can make up some serious time.
As far as upgrades go, some of them are little things and they make a huge different. Like Stomp Grips, which I already have. I also have a tank extender made by RaceSeats.it and I'm very happy with the feeling. I do have AIM Solo 2, really helps with knowing your lap times on the go.
I made the decision to make 3 more upgrades. I'm going to get the suspension serviced, change the fork oil and get it sorted out in a fixed setting for a consistent feeling suggested by others. Second thing, I lucked out, a friend had a brand new in the box Brembo 19 RCS Corsa Corta Master cylinder. Having a better braking feel will be awesome. Third upgrade will be changing the pegs. They suggested that I change the whole rear sets, but I'm pretty happy with their position, and not looking to spend $800, so a much grippier peg will be my budget solution.
If the weather allows, I will also try the SC1 slicks for more grip. I rode the first day of the first round with fresh SC2s and they were amazing. I can't imagine how the SC1s will stick.
Like DStyleNZL mentioned, a good advice can save you a lot of trial and error. So I really appreciate your comments.

Aug 2019
UNIVERSE
With the right condition(ext temp above 28⁰C I don't remember the tarmac temperature)
you should try the SC 0.
Gummy as glue

Reactions: 1 person
Jul 2014
Los Angeles
Just wanted to give you guys an update.
I lowered my lap time by 3 seconds despite 50F weather (vs 80F last month), the track was also dirty because of the rains last two days.
I ended up doing 3 things to my bike.
1- Changed the fork oil to 10W
2- Brembo 19 RCS Corsa Corta master cylinder
3- Rizoma by Ducati pegs.
Between the fork oil and Brembo, the front of the bike became very predictable in braking. Gave me lots of confidence to carry higher corner speed and trail the brakes. The Rizoma pegs are a cheap solution to better bike control, my feet felt planted and helped me get a better feedback as well as body position stability.