Trackday bike preparations

Nov 2018
Australia
I figured it would be useful to have a dedicated thread to link all tips, tricks and aftermarket products you use to get your bike ready for track days.

I'm setting mine up at the moment. It's not a dedicated track bike, I convert it back to a street bike after each track day.

My bike is heavily modified, but for the most part, it stays that way for street riding.

The track specific mods I am planning to make for track days then change back are:

- Mirror block offs (without indicators)
- Remove undertail and cover with plate (indicators and license plate removed)
- Headlight and tail light covers
- Add number decals

I have ordered Bonamici mirror block offs. Still looking for the undertail plate and the headlight and tail light covers.

Anything I have missed? Any solid product recommendations?

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: DucatiKev
Nov 2018
Australia
I plan to purchase the Ducati tail light blank off (97110831a) and the bypass plug is (96510961A) for the tail light. Has anyone found a good alternative to these apart from taping them up (which is how I am doing it at the moment)?

I havent managed to locate an undertail blank off plate for when the license plate holder is removed. Is there a Ducati supplied part for this as well?

Nov 2019
Western Australia
I plan to purchase the Ducati tail light blank off (97110831a) and the bypass plug is (96510961A) for the tail light. Has anyone found a good alternative to these apart from taping them up (which is how I am doing it at the moment)?

I havent managed to locate an undertail blank off plate for when the license plate holder is removed. Is there a Ducati supplied part for this as well?
My V4R came with an undertail blank off so it's most likely a Ducati part. I was also able to purchase a set of race fairings from Ducati that are pretty much unpainted std plastic fairings and these come with the taillight plug and sidestand plug and plastic headlight and taillight blank, they bolt on in place of the taillight and headlight. They cost me $1,100 AUD which I think is pretty good value. I will send some pictures tomorrow

Reactions: Desmolvr
Nov 2018
Australia
Brilliant - AU$1,100 sounds like a bargain for those from Ducati. I will have to look into it myself.

I already have the Evotech radiator protectors fitted. Its great advice though, I have dents in the front of them from rocks, they have already paid for themselves.

Feb 2018
Sheldon, Vermont
take your OEM body work off and buy race fairings you'll thank me when the bike goes down.
Get rear sets too
Throw on a pair of lever guards. axle guards, bar ends.
Replace your clutch cover with something that can take a hit , I run Woodcraft products, cant go wrong with his stuff. Eric is a dedicated racer and an engeneer