Using the 1299 Superleggera for what it's meant for

Jun 2015
Nashville TN
if I had a Superleggera I'd ride it exactly as I ride my 1299S - everywhere. Honestly, 90% of my riding is mere commuting, and while I've got a Multistrada for that, it's just more of an event to ride the Panigale. And when you're dragging your ass into work, it's nice to make the morning commute special.

And that makes for mileage, since a lot of Panigale owners skip that 90% with either a car or actually using the designated "daily" bike. I don't care. I bought the thing, I'm going to enjoy the hell out of it.

Ever been asked "you're actually taking that on the track? why don't you buy a $2k used 600cc bike and ride that, so in case you dump your bike you won't care?"

Which is the most idiotic question, because the whole point behind buying Ducati race performance is to enjoy that performance. Why would I own a Ducati superbike, then spend my track days on a crap 15 year old 600cc supersport that's held together with zip ties?

Reactions: 4 people
Nov 2016
Mid Nth Coast NSW
Ever been asked "you're actually taking that on the track? why don't you buy a $2k used 600cc bike and ride that, so in case you dump your bike you won't care?"

Which is the most idiotic question, because the whole point behind buying Ducati race performance is to enjoy that performance. Why would I own a Ducati superbike, then spend my track days on a crap 15 year old 600cc supersport that's held together with zip ties?
Yes the Pani in any form makes a great track bike, visceral, exotic pleasure.

Jan 2014
United Kingdom
Good for for you, people keep saying to me "so you have it in your living room", nope I ride it, but I am grateful to have it!

Reactions: 1 person
Nov 2016
Mid Nth Coast NSW
Ryan have you had a chance to ride your mates BMW race?
If you have it would be nice to hear how you found it or just your thoughts on it.

BTW great images thanks.

Jan 2015
Australia
Good for for you, people keep saying to me "so you have it in your living room", nope I ride it, but I am grateful to have it!
There are 2 guys I know with 1199SL's. Ones been in hiding due to separation formalities and the other is a Ducati meetup rides only (his nickname in the bookface group is "Vacuum" as he owns a 800HP R35 which never sees boost). Such a shame given the nice track with have here.

able duc
You see the pics floating around the net of the 1299SL at the track days @ Queensland Raceway?

Jun 2017
NYC
Cool shots. I was there that day on my base V4 and remember thinking how unfortunate it was not to have been in the same group to see that bike on the track. Hopefully when CSS is back in town next year.

Reactions: 1 person
Apr 2014
Toronto, Canada
Ryan have you had a chance to ride your mates BMW race?
If you have it would be nice to hear how you found it or just your thoughts on it.

BTW great images thanks.
I don't possess the appropriate vocabulary to properly describe the HP4R riding experience. That said you'll likely jizz yourself engaging first gear. I've been lucky enough to ride it at NJMP and Laguna Seca and each time was an occasion. As a track only machine out of the box it is better than the SL in stock configuration.

Reactions: 2 people
Apr 2014
Toronto, Canada
Cool shots. I was there that day on my base V4 and remember thinking how unfortunate it was not to have been in the same group to see that bike on the track. Hopefully when CSS is back in town next year.
Sorry I missed you. What level were you doing? I will be back at NJMP when CSS returns in the spring for sure

KMY

Nov 2013
Bay Area
Great pics man! Looks like so much fun out there. Awesome to see the SL in its natural environment.