V4 OEM mirror bolts

Sep 2019
Uk
Hi can anyone help, I'm trying to put my OEM mirrors back on my V4 as they weren't fitted when I got the bike, ive got the mirrors and a bag of bolts, both bolts are the same size but different lengths, I think looking at the underneath of the faring I'm guessing its the black bolts I should use. In the workshop manual its bolts Number 22.

To put the mirrors back on, I put the mirror on to rubber mount on the top side, underneath I have the plastic cover and these bolts, is that all I need.

I don't think Ducati would put sliver bolts against a black cover hence my guess its the black bolts I need

mirror bolts.jpgManual 1.jpg
Picture1.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: DucatiKev
Sep 2019
Uk
Would it be possible for someone who has OEM mirrors on a V4 to take a photo of the underneath of the fairing where the mirrors bolts on so I can just see the colour of the bolts used, I definitely have the correct bolts i just need to find out if it’s the shorter black bolts or the long sliver bolts

Aug 2019
Australia
Sure... this is pretty much as good as I can get (It’s quite tight to get a phone in there ;-) ).
Also, there may be a video out on the ether of someone removing them to get the block-offs on?

this is the left side, right way up (edit: well, I took it right way up, it loaded sideways! left side is up)44594E6B-8D91-4C8C-8C58-F9FD06A7EF36.jpeg

Sep 2019
Uk
Brilliant, thanks Nadsy & Ducatikev, I bought the bike with CRG Indicator / block off's on, however I need mirrors, ive tried cheap bar ends but it makes the bike too wide, I filter a lot so im thinking of rizoma mirrors to replace the standard ones but until I can afford them I thought in the mean time I would try the OEM ones to see how they are, I haven't tried OEM mirrors before as they weren't fitted to the bike when I got it but ive heard there not good, any suggestions on which rizoma mirrors to go for that mount where the OEM ones go.

Thanks for all the replies

Dec 2019
USA: Philly Pa & Venice FL

I run this one vertical on the left bar only, works great and doesn’t vibrate if ur holding the bar. Bike looks so good without mirrors up top

Sep 2019
Uk
I tried a similar knock off set from china, they were actually quite good quality but I didn't like to the look, below the bar didn't work as I couldn't see anything, on the side is too wide and upright didn't do it for me. I quite like the look of the rizoma mirrors in the OEM position but what makes it a difficult decision for me is the price of the mirrors and then having to add on the price of the adapters for the V4 which puts a set at over £500 which is a lot for mirrors hence why I'm going to see how I get on with the OEM ones before I splash out on the rizoma ones, the only reason im thinking of changing from OEM to aftermarket ones is that i have heard they are crap and vibrate etc.

Mirrors 2.jpgMirror.jpgmirror 3.jpgMirrors 4.jpg

Last edited: