V4 Superleggera

Aug 2016
Connecticut
Apparently there's a test mule spotted...
Yeah I saw something on I think it was motorcycle magazine. Showed the photos and the CF wheels and side fairings. But the frame was not CF or swing arm from what you could see. Shes got to be in the 320's lbs. for me to get my hart rate up. lol If its just the rims and fairings with the V4R motor I'm all set.

Feb 2013
TX
Yeah I saw something on I think it was motorcycle magazine. Showed the photos and the CF wheels and side fairings. But the frame was not CF or swing arm from what you could see. Shes got to be in the 320's lbs. for me to get my hart rate up. lol If its just the rims and fairings with the V4R motor I'm all set.
There's absolutely zero chance of the V4 SL coming close to 320lbs. Race prepped 600's aren't even that light. The V2's were lighter than the V4's by a good bit and the 1299SL came in at 368lbs (wet).

My guess is it'll be in the 375-380lb range.

Aug 2016
Connecticut
There's absolutely zero chance of the V4 SL coming close to 320lbs. Race prepped 600's aren't even that light. The V2's were lighter than the V4's by a good bit and the 1299SL came in at 368lbs (wet).

My guess is it'll be in the 375-380lb range.
Yeah your most likely right. I got spoiled when I got to ride the BMWHP4 Race shes only 324 lbs.

Feb 2013
TX
Yeah your most likely right. I got spoiled when I got to ride the BMWHP4 Race shes only 324 lbs.
The HP4 is 377 wet. It's also worth noting that it's a track only bike, while the SL has all of the street trimmings. Pretty impressive that the SL is still lighter.

Aug 2016
Connecticut
Dry weight right??

CLoser to 380 wet

amazing bike, how is it to ride
It was a blast for sure! You really feel the weight difference. The transmission shifted like butter. Really amazing and the brakes were like dropping an anchor! But the pure sexiness of that girl is off the hook. I could stare at it all damn day! Lol Yes it's a track only bike but at the reduced pricing they are selling for now its worth it in my book. If you added up all the parts costing its huge! The Suter sing arm alone is 16k. Its an amazing machine. Sure, the SL is all that also and street legal but you'd be missing the point. The HP4R has no compromises. The intent was to build a track only bike from the ground up. The amount of adjustments on it from the head tube, rear swing arm pivots, seat height, clip on and so many more. Not to mention I got to ride it at Laguna Seca one of my dream tracks to ride! :D