V4R vs V4 ride comparison

Jun 2019
canada
I am anticipating taking a big hit on this bike. Haven't worked out numbers yet but this is the price of my regret.
You say most of your riding is street. The V4S is a better street bike than the R in almost all categories. Combine the money you are going to lose with the price difference between the two bikes and the only way I would take the hit is if I was chasing a track time. That's a lot of money just to feel _more_ special. The V4S is a fantastic bike. The R on the street really only gets you more exclusivity and that will soon fade away as these bikes age.

However if the money isn't going to affect your lifestyle at all, then by all means, go for it! At that point the only thing that matters is how you feel.

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk

Reactions: jmhamilton68
Dec 2019
USA: Philly Pa & Venice FL
Maybe a forum member would like to buy it

What if you go through all of this and then feel the same way abt the R

Sep 2019
Brazil - São Paulo
Also consider that 2020 S model will come with R fairings and frame.

I personally would not consider a R at this point unless for competing due to CC limitation.

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

Reactions: jmhamilton68
Sep 2019
London
The parts needed for the adjustable swingarm cost approx £1k.

So, 2020 V4, aftermarket suspension, adjustable swingarm. V4R obsolete.

I have an R atm.

Nov 2016
houston
Can anyone comment on the ergonomics of the S vs the R? Is it the same? I am super comfortable on my S and would hate to go to something I hate.

Sep 2019
London
It's the same. Essentially, the only diff is engine cc and swingarm pivot.

As mentioned above, you'd only buy the R for racing, and CC restrictions. The 2020 bike is the R, but with more power (below 13k) and a non adjustable swingarm pivot

Nov 2016
houston
Thanks. I have a 19 model already which is what I’m debating to trade in for a 2020 R. But it wouldn’t be for primarily racing. More like checking off a bucket list. But I understand this might be a really expensive check mark

Reactions: DucatiKev
Apr 2012
Irvine, CA
@RickD996, the R has a better fork, problem is I don't think FKR tech is available in an electronically adjustable fork insert, not that the S model fork isn't pretty damn good for 99% of the riders out there!

Reactions: DucatiKev