VAG in crisis due to its diesel scam

May 2013
West Coast
Hey folks, this diesel fiasco plaguing the cash cow VW TDIs, what will that mean for the Ducati's here, especially the high end superbikes? I know Ducati is independently operated by the Italians but it is wholly owned by VAG. Does this mean that VAG may pay the losses forward and take it out on the smaller scale brands such as Ducati/ Lamborghini/ Bentley/Porsche? It really does suck that that their cash cow diesel business is a hoax if what they are initially saying about software fooling the emissions tests.

This sucks!

Reactions: DucatiKev
Sep 2014
Philadelphia
lol you said VAG..

Well "IF" what they say is true VW should get off pretty easy as GM killed people and just got a fine that US Taxpayers paid for.. Besides I find it hard to believe VW did this.. Most likely just someone in the US Government has a hard on for them and is being a tool...

I dont think it will affect Ducati either.. At least not on the 1199/899/1299's as VW had nothing to do with the bikes..

Reactions: 3 people
Mar 2015
Indiana
I just saw this thread. hilarious

flapper or not my bike is way louder than any stock bike I've ever owned. and now I'm starting to doubt there is any cat on this thing too. lol

Reactions: 1 person
Jun 2014
Orlando
hmmm the VAG header was miss leading... i was thinking this topic was such a more interesting convo then it turned out to be

Reactions: 2 people
Jan 2014
USA
Besides I find it hard to believe VW did this.. Most likely just someone in the US Government has a hard on for them and is being a tool...
What's hard to believe about it? As someone mentioned exhaust flapper valves are a perfect example of the same sort of thing.

What's hard to believe is that there aren't countless other examples that have become situations like this one.

Sep 2014
Philadelphia
What's hard to believe about it? As someone mentioned exhaust flapper valves are a perfect example of the same sort of thing.

What's hard to believe is that there aren't countless other examples that have become situations like this one.

I was trying to mix positive and delusional into one post. You ruined it lol. They all do it. But thy know as all cars are tested so why hit VW now?

Jun 2015
Nashville TN
VAG is cash rich; a little division called "Porsche" helps with the cash flow. They have estimated the cost of making everything right and have taken that out of their most recent quarterly earnings...which were looking good but now is pretty much zilch.

What I found amusing is that VW did exactly what I have done in the past, every time I had to pass an emissions test. Load up the "special" map, come through clean, switch back to my normal, highly polluting map :)

What will suck the most right now though is being a VW diesel owner. After having their recall done, I'll bet anything they will be absolutely horrid to drive.

How long until the aftermarket starts reversing the emissions-passing mapping that will be flashed onto all offending VW diesels? :)