Weird Clutch action

Feb 2019
Texas
I recently took my 1299s out and felt the clutch go all the way to the handle bar, I have aftermarket levers and adjusted them so it would not touch, I it i ally I thought my 4 year old messed with it in the garage, however it still feels like something is off, as I accelerate and let off the clutch it feels fine then suddenly feels like I braked and then keeps going normally, it only does it on 1st gear, any advice or recommendations would greatly appreciated. Sorry if there is already a thread about this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dec 2019
USA: Philly Pa & Venice FL

It’s gotta be air in the master cylinder at the lever

I love ur flag and ur bike! I’m a newer 1299S owner and my clutch lever keeps biting closer and closer to the handlebar and when it’s really bad I stall the bike a lot. The trick is to bleed that clutch master cylinder a bit.
I installed the DucaBike slave cylinder and that slowed the need to bleed the system but it’s ready for it now

Last edited:
Feb 2019
Texas
I went into the garage just now and bled it, I will have to wait until tomorrow or next week when the rain clears up to test it out. Really appreciate the advice, I did hear the bubbles when I bled it, did it twice to be on the safe side. I’m currently working on my RN degree, so I don’t have as much time as I used to before to ride, but I do take it to school every now and then. Some riding is better than no riding. Honestly I miss my 1098, I put over 15k miles and had zero issues with it.

Reactions: DucatiKev
Dec 2019
That’s the privilege of owning a Ducati. I wonder if the V4 Panigale are any better.

I put 15,000 miles on my 2014 triumph Daytona 675 and it’s been flawless

Reactions: Picazo
Dec 2019
A lot of guys like the Oberon, I’ll link the one I put on below and it’s noticeably smoother than the stock one. Do u have an ECU tune on ur bike?

Sep 2018
Atlanta, GA
I ride with a spanner and rag in the rear cowl. I’ve gotten to the point I can barely fully disengage the clutch as it hits the bar. Bought Motul fluid but barely have to use it. I just do it monthly typically.

Reactions: DucatiKev