What are everyones thoughts on the 'NEW' 2020 V4's

Aug 2019
UNIVERSE

we are all NOT Scott,of course,but the V4 2020 is a darN quick hell of a Duc,if not all the fastest bike.
I am impressed by the laptime

Reactions: RdashP
Aug 2019
UNIVERSE
Well you seem to come close looking at your Mugello videos?
Were you the "amateur coming within 6 sec of Pirro" Domenicali referred to when presenting the 2020 model to the world? LOL

I thought about it for a moment,then I woke up all wet

Anyway I am trying hard to improve my riding style,that is the most challenging thing I have ever done.
No V4 can beat the thrills and fears of changing your ride positions and how you brake and get to the throttle.......of course the Pani's adding-up some more shaking and wheeling to make you more " comfortable " ah ah ah
BTW Mugello is ny nightmare,I am really not suited for this track yet.

This is the third day ever in Jerez,with no rear brake due to a fitting problem I had.

Jul 2019
Amsterdam
Looking at the extra gaping holes crafted in the magnesium front frame of the V4R and V4(S) from 2020 onwards, I had a déjà vu moment:

Wasn't this the same lack of front-end feel Rossi with the GP11/GP12 and others after him were battling?

If so, why did DMH again design a ridged frontal frame for the V4 if their Corse department already had issues relating this construction addressed in the GP16, before the V4 - based on GP15 - left the drawing board into production around 2017?
In other words: even though you can't compare a custom Desmosedici GP bike to a normal V4 production bike 1:1, why make -design-wise and (con)structurally- a similar 'mistake' twice?

What are are the cons to having more flex with these extra holes, besides the obvious advertised benefits?

Reactions: JHTmcrider
Oct 2017
DC Swamp
I think Rossi’s bike had a full carbon fiber frame that was stiff, it would offer some flex when the bike was leaned over but it was snappy, that is no flex then a sudden flex. Frame flex is very important as when the bike is leaned over the suspension is not really helping with ripples and bumps and helping to put the power down. As for me being 57 and riding backroads none of it means squat to me, or most people here.

Reactions: RdashP
Jul 2013
Denver
My 2018 was totaled this week after a women pulled out from a shopping center here in Scottsdale. I put my deposit down on a 2020, and I'll probably ask to leave the wings off because apparently it ships without them. I owed around 21k on the 2018, so I might get a few grand to put down on the new Pani as well besides another chunk from savings.

Aug 2019
UNIVERSE
My 2018 was totaled this week after a women pulled out from a shopping center here in Scottsdale. I put my deposit down on a 2020, and I'll probably ask to leave the wings off because apparently it ships without them. I owed around 21k on the 2018, so I might get a few grand to put down on the new Pani as well besides another chunk from savings.
probably you are not seriously hurt,since you are buying another bike,but I am sorry to hear about your crash.
Anyway good choice fir the 2020 V4,it seems a good call ;-)

Reactions: DucatiKev
Dec 2019
USA: Philly Pa & Venice FL
Holy crap JHT, I wish you a speedy full recovery from your collision. Post some pix of your wingless bike when you get it. Congrats