What do Ducati 959, 1199, 1299 and V4 owners use to to lift their bikes on a motorcycle lift table

Feb 2016
Long Island
I posted a question whether the K&L 620 base and lifting arms would work on a 1299. After watching some videos there is no way that unit would work with a 959, 1199, 1299 or V4. The holes on our bikes are ways to low for the K&L MC620 to work with our bikes. However what about the K&L MC450 jack and its lifting arm attachments? The MC450 center jack can go low enough to slide under the bike and the lifting arm can be lowered. Maybe that would work in conjunction with the MC440 center jack with rubber rubber top pad.

This is the unit I am taking about https://www.klsupply.com/pc_product_detail.asp?key=38DE112F796C4A729D6C7EB66A56B23E and then use this MC440 with rubber stopper if you have a titanium full system and the rubber stopper will redistribute the weight of the bike using that rubber stopper.

Reactions: DucatiKev
Apr 2015
Durham, UK.
What exactly are you wanting to achieve by the further lifting of the bike above the bench?
99% of jobs can be carried out using combinations of ratchet straps, various front or rear stands, peg stands and a small car jack.

Reactions: DucatiKev
Dec 2019
USA: Philly Pa & Venice FL

Feb 2016
Long Island
Duc
Normal front and rear paddock stands, or a normal rear and an under triple front.
I am most likely ordering the K&L 620 base and arm kit which I can use with pretty much any bike except the 1299. And most likely wont be able to use it with the V4 or Street fighter I may buy next January. The K&L 620 base and arm kit will lift the back of the bike so the K&L MC440 mini jack along with rubber mount would need to be used also. The MC440 is placed on the end of the K&L 620 base to raise the front of a bike. I watched a video on the MC440 with the rubber mount and it said not to use the MC440 with a aftermarket titanium exhaust because the exhaust might bend. When I spoke with K&L they said to order this rubber top pad that attaches to the MC 440 mini jack. This rubber piece will spread the weight and a titanium exhaust wont bend. I have other bikes so that was what made me decide to get the 620 base with arm kit and sleeve kit for different bikes. That and my friends bring their bikes to my garage at my house to work on their bikes. I could have gotten the MC450 center jack and the attachment arms instead of the 620 unit. But then everything needs to lined up so the center jack isnt to far to the right or left blah blah blah. The difference between getting the MC620 unit and MC450 with lifting arms was $200. So I decided on the MC620 unit. Plus you can the MC620 slides the bike forwards and backwards. Not that its that important.

As for lifting the Ducati to remove the wheels I will use the MC440 mini jack with rubber top mount and a rear single sided stand to lift it up. I have 3 Bursig lifts and want to sell the black one that is for the Ducati. I bought it about a year and half ago and have never used it. For some reason I could never get the mounting plate to line up perfectly on the lift so the pins slide into the two holes on the Ducati perfectly. If I did manage to slide them in and lift the bike I couldnt get the Bursig lift off the bike. I never had that problem on the other two Bursigs I have for my other bikes. So Im putting it up for sale along with that slug you have to bolt into the bike and be done with it. Its pretty much in perfect condition with the exception of the male slug thats bolted into the top hole on the bike on the left side near the rear sets. And there is a hole below it that top hole. The Bursig plate has to pins that are used to lift the bike. A top hallow female pin that goes over the male Bursig pin thats bolted into the bike. And a lower male pin that goes into the lower hole. If anyone is interested in the Bursig stand for their ducati or for any other bike they have let me know. To use the stand with a bike other than a Ducati you would just need to buy a mounting plate and swap it out whenever you want to lift a your other bike.

Apr 2015
Durham, UK.
3 Bursigs and now you are going with all that paraphernalia? I think you just like gadgets dude :)

Good luck with it all.

Feb 2016
Long Island
3 Bursigs and now you are going with all that paraphernalia? I think you just like gadgets dude :)

Good luck with it all.
Im a dealer for basically everything and sell things to forum members very very inexpensive compared to what the stores or online stores charge. I dont advertise here but Ive sold a bunch of Vandemon exhausts priced very very competitively as well as cnc racing rear sets and other parts. Guys who have bought from me give me my name out and whoever needs something always shoots me a PM. And when I dont want something anymore thats on any of my bikes I just sell them. Since I have 5 bikes the parts on my bike dont get used that much. For example I bought myself a Vandemon exhaust after selling 5 to forum members and sold my Termi slip on Relevance exhausts with a 1199 Y pipe because the dude has a 1199 plus my exhaust heat shield for $1250 shipped. And just sold my CNC Racing silver and black RPS WSBK rear sets for $450 and ordered myself replaced the CNC Racing red and black EVO RPS limited edition rear sets. I just became a k&l direct dealer and dont have to go through Tucker Rocky either. So my pricing is even better and there is free shipping if delivery is to a business plus $50 for a lift gate if needed. Otherwise the shipping costs for the MC500 lift, wheel chock, wheels, dolly, MC450 jack, MC440 jack lift arms, and rear 1299 stand is $137 to NY from CA. And since I became a dealer and let others know ive gotten 3 orders for lifts and accessories because of the pricing. Am I gadget guy? Yes. You should see my Harley. But its all about selling my old parts to make room for new parts. My wife would never allow me to make all these mods on my bikes if I wasnt a dealer or sold my parts.

Apr 2015
Durham, UK.
So the real purpose of the thread is a stealth advert to stir up interest in the lifting rig ?
Well done fella.