Worth buying or wait?

Nov 2019
Los angeles
I went into a local Southern California dealership today and spoke to a salesperson in regards to a 2019 V4S $37,895 MSRP. I can get the bike for 38k OTD or approximately 3,745 off MSRP since I'm in a county where taxes are 9.5%. Is this a good deal or should I wait for the new V4S. I already have a main bike so I'm in no rush to buy another one. What are your opinions, thanks.

Reactions: DucatiKev
Dec 2019
USA: Philly Pa & Venice FL
$38k for a bike that retails for $28?
What accessories will be installed for that price? The full exhaust?

I found a 2019 V4S for $24,000 plus fees in Pennsylvania

70464A37-1C3D-4925-AA0D-AF997C5E6608.jpeg

Apr 2013
Los Angeles
Comparing out of state prices are pointless. Literally 0 value.

It's obviously a typo since the only bike in that price range is a speciale. If it is a speciale, then it's not bad. For a corse S model, 28k otd would be ok i guess, especially on a 2019 model. Even though it may be a brand new bike, it's already considered a year old so off the bat, there's an even bigger depreciation on that bike. If you don't ever plan on selling it, then it doesn't matter. A 2019 normal v4s could be had for less than that I'm sure. Just gotta continue to shop around, especially since you're not in any rush.

Dec 2019

Montgomeryville Cycle Center, they have a lot of brands under 1 roof in the Philadelphia area

They sold me my 1299S and have done lots of work to it, very happy with this dealership.
They could probably ship it. I see that nasty $800 freight charge on the tag... negotiate that off

Last edited:
Dec 2019

here’s another, $24K in Tampa Florida

Nov 2019
Los angeles
Woops... for some reason I thought it was a 2 instead of a 3. The MSRP is $27,859 and OTD is 28k. But thanks for the responses so far.

Nov 2019
Los angeles
Comparing out of state prices are pointless. Literally 0 value.

It's obviously a typo since the only bike in that price range is a speciale. If it is a speciale, then it's not bad. For a corse S model, 28k otd would be ok i guess, especially on a 2019 model. Even though it may be a brand new bike, it's already considered a year old so off the bat, there's an even bigger depreciation on that bike. If you don't ever plan on selling it, then it doesn't matter. A 2019 normal v4s could be had for less than that I'm sure. Just gotta continue to shop around, especially since you're not in any rush.
I appreciate the response. This might be the path ill be taking since its not a killer deal. The 2020 with the updated aero and electronics seems more enticing since I'm not really saving much.

Dec 2019
There’s one 2020 V4 S in stock at Ducati Sanford. I’m going to see it this week. I’m so in love with the updated looks. To me it’s worth an extra $4k for the updated “V4R” styling just like it’s worth it to some people to have the $6,000+ racing exhaust fitted.
The bikes seem pretty sorted out at this point so yeah it’s time to buy!

I thought the 2020 models would be available in April but here they come

Reactions: Danger Close MFG
Nov 2019
Los angeles
There’s one 2020 V4 S in stock at Ducati Sanford. I’m going to see it this week. I’m so in love with the updated looks. To me it’s worth an extra $4k for the updated “V4R” styling just like it’s worth it to some people to have the $6,000+ racing exhaust fitted.
The bikes seem pretty sorted out at this point so yeah it’s time to buy!

I thought the 2020 models would be available in April but here they come

The dealer I was at told me they are receiving their first 2020 at the end of the month.