Export data from DDA?

Jul 2015
Glasgow
Dda not recognized on macbook or windows ffs

Hi All.

My apologies for hijacking your thread but I'm too stupid to find out how to do one of my own.

I've got a DDA (and GPS) which is not being recognized by my MacBook Pro or my windows machine - I mean nothing. It used to work when it was a street bike but now it's a fully converted track bike. Full race system and mapped as such.

I ended up buying a new DDA Stateside as I thought it may be a hardware issue with the DDA and even that one is not being recognized by my Mac (or windows machine). I've got the software downloaded as well.

When I first plugged the new one in I saw it briefly then it disappeared. Anyone, anywhere have any ideas? I'm so damn frustrated with them.

Thanks in advance.

mtb

Jun 2015
Maryland, USA
I need to test it I've been a little out of commission lately because of a track crash. I have a sample data log that supposedly causes a crash, so I will work on that when I get a chance.

Reactions: 2 people
Jul 2015
Glasgow
I need to test it I’ve been a little out of commission lately because of a track crash. I have a sample data log that supposedly causes a crash, so I’ll work on that when I get a chance.
Thanks MTB.

I could understand if one DDA didn't show up on my Panigale's display, my MacBook and a work windows laptop. But two of them? Not even a flicker or even showing a device on any computer? It's almost like they have internal fuzes that have blown (which they don't of course). I'm wanting to walk away from DDA+ and find a better aftermarket option.

Last edited:
May 2016
Netherlands
Did you download and install the DDA downloader? That is tje only program that will recognize the stick and extract the files.from the stick. In DDA analyzer, you can then import.the extracted files.

Jul 2015
Glasgow
I did. The latest being the OS version 3.2.10 from Prosa.com. I'm using Apple's Operating System "Mojave'.

The issue is it used to be recognized on my USB ports - - no problems. It used to show on my 1299 display but now the TFT display doesn't recognize that it's plugged in (neither of the DDA's that I have).

May 2019
USA
Does the bike show laps and times etc? Or does that not work either? The fact that bike has been modified may give a clue as to why the USB doesn't work.

Jul 2015
Glasgow
It shows lap times and lean angle. It has also worked previously.

I don't think it's the bike - as it doesn't show on any laptops or desktops (Windows or Mac) either.

May 2019
USA
When you plug in USB on the bike can you erase/format it from the dash? I have the 1199S Tricolore and I have the option to turn on DDS and prepare the USB. Actually I think I must be in track mode and turn on DDS. Also, for the 1199 you can not leave the usb plugged in otherwise battery is drained.

It shows lap times and lean angle. It has also worked previously.

I don't think it's the bike - as it doesn't show on any laptops or desktops (Windows or Mac) either.

Dec 2019
Australia
Hi guys, stumbled on this thread.
I’ve been doing data overlays for a while on my 1098s and just recently got an 1199s Tri for my next race bike.
Used the Android DDA converter and worked fine. (The only tweak needed is to change the GAS header to THROTTLE in the CSV file)
Cheers
Andrew

Reactions: DucatiKev